Tuesday, September 18, 2018 by Ellaine Castillo
Tekturna (generic name: aliskiren) is a prescription drug for patients with high blood pressure. It prevents blood vessels from contracting and blood pressure from rising by reducing substances in the body that cause these.
However, the following individuals cannot take Tekturna:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Children under two years old
Known health risks or side effects of Tekturna
Some people who take Tekturna may experience severe allergic reactions. Seek immediate medical attention if you exhibit any signs of an allergic reaction, including: hives, vomiting, severe stomach pain, dizziness, chest tightness, difficult breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. In addition, consult a healthcare professional if you exhibit the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions to any heart or blood pressure medications
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease or heart attack
- Following a low-salt diet
Tekturna may cause some serious side effects, seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the following:
- Body aches or pain
- Difficulty with breathing
- Ear congestion
- loss of voice
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Joint pain
- Swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- Loss of bladder control
- Loss of consciousness
Common side effects of Tekturna include:
- Back pain
- Muscle aches
- Upset stomach
Body systems that might be affected by Tekturna
Some side effects of Tekturna may inflict damage on gastrointestinal, metabolic, nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal systems. Aside from these, Tekturna has also been shown to affect the skin and blood.
Food items or nutrients that have similar effects to Tekturna
Headaches caused by Tekturna can be relieved by the following foods:
- Chamomile tea
- Green tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
Treatments, management options for the side effects of Tekturna
Aside from eating foods, headaches can also be treated using the following home remedies:
- Sleeping. When a headache strikes, look for a dark and quiet place where it’s comfortable enough to sleep in. Going to sleep will immediately reduce or eliminate the pain.
- Avoiding stress. Stress is known to worsen headaches. Try to avoid things that are known to cause stress like noise or people. In addition to this, relaxation is also suggested. This can be done by meditating, practicing deep breathing, or visualizing peaceful scenarios.
- Drinking enough water. Dehydration has been proven to exacerbate headaches. Try to achieve the recommended eight glasses of water per day to gradually relieve the pain.
- Soaking feet in warm water. Headaches can be induced by too much blood going to blood vessels in the head. Soaking the feet in warm water will draw blood from the head to the feet.
- Stretching. Staying in one place without moving for a period of time will cause tension to develop. Move the body, especially the head and wrists, to relieve the tension and allow blood to flow.
- Using essential oils. Essential oils can cause blood vessels to expand and contract, allowing blood to flow properly throughout the body. Aside from this, essential oils also have soothing and calming effect that can help ease the pain. Some oils that can be used are lavender, eucalyptus, flaxseed, or peppermint oil.
Where to learn more
Tekturna is a drug used by patients with high blood pressure to prevent their blood vessels from contracting and their blood pressure from rising.
Side effects of taking Tekturna can damage the gastrointestinal, metabolic, nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal systems.
These side effects can be relieved by changes in food intake as well as other home remedies.